Through the power of One Sappi — committed to collaborating and partnering with stakeholders — we aim to be a trusted and sustainable organisation with an exciting future in woodfibre. We view our suppliers as key business partners who play an important role in helping us realise this vision.
Accordingly, we expect them to join our commitment to economic, social and environmental responsibility and to create an environment that replicates our focus on doing business with integrity and courage; making smart decisions which we execute with speed.
- Act with integrity: We strive to consistently deliver goods and services of the highest standards; doing the right thing the right way.
- Be courageous: We take full responsibility for all our decisions and actions; operating with conviction and without hesitation.
- Make smart decisions: We strive to be easy to do business with and have a ‘can do’ attitude, always looking for the better, faster route to create value for all.
- Execute with speed: If something is worth doing it is worth doing quickly, right the first time and never cutting corners.
Sappi Code of Ethics guiding principles
- Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Be truthful and honest.
- Help to combat dishonesty and crime.
- Protect the environment.
- Respect diversity and do not discriminate.
Sappi Supplier Code of Conduct Policy
- Business ethics.
- Human rights.
- Health and safety.
- Diversity and equal opportunity.
- Broad-based black economic empowerment (BBBEE).