Expanding our product portfolio is key to this aim. We’ll continue to grow Sappi into a profitable and cash-generative diversified woodfibre group – focused on dissolving wood pulp, paper and products in adjacent fields.
We made great progress in 2016, with significantly higher earnings and some sizeable strides in our five main, intertwining objectives:
- Achieving cost advantages
- Rationalising declining businesses
- Growing through moderate investments
- Generating cash to strengthen the balance sheet, and
- Accelerating growth in adjacent businesses from a strong base.
This provides the basis to progress further towards those 2020 targets – thriving on the diversified nature and global interconnectivity of our business.