Our market-leading range of products includes:
- Dissolving wood pulp (DWP) – Sappi is the world’s leading producer of dissolving wood pulp – a highly purified form of cellulose extracted from wood through specialised cellulose chemistry. DWP is the primary input into the manufacture of viscose staple fibre (VSF) which is a natural substitute for cotton and polyester in the textile industry, but is also used in foodstuffs, household products and pharmaceutical products
- Graphic papers – printed communications remain effective, cost efficient and powerful in delivering messages to and eliciting actions from target audiences
- Specialities and packaging papers – are playing an increasingly important role in an environmentally conscious world. Sappi offers products and solutions in many different segments including flexible packaging, label papers, functional papers, containerboard, paperboard, silicone base papers, technical papers, tissue papers and casting and release papers (used by suppliers to the fashion, textile, automobile and household industries), and
Sappi is also investing in various biochemical technologies:
- Biomaterials and bio-energy – we’re further diversifying our business to derive additional value from wood, by extracting biorefinery products and producing energy from renewable resources, and
- Nanocellulose – using wood pulp, we are pioneering low cost cellulose nanofibrils (CNF) production with a unique patented process in line with our intention of seeking new growth opportunities in adjacent and new markets.