Our market-leading range of products includes:
- Dissolving pulp (DP) – Sappi is the world’s leading producer of dissolving pulp—a highly purified form of cellulose extracted from sustainably grown and responsibly managed trees using unique cellulose chemistry technology. The majority of DP is consumed in the viscose and lyocell industry where DP is converted to viscose and lyocell staple fibre, from there into yarn and ultimately textiles, providing naturally soft, breathable fabrics which are smooth to the touch, hold colour and drape well. The fibres produced from DP also act as good blend partners in fabric with cotton and polyester. DP can also be processed into products that are used in food and beverages, health and hygiene, wrapping and packaging, pharmaceuticals and many more applications that touch our daily lives
- Packaging and speciality papers – are playing an increasingly important role in an environmentally conscious world. Sappi offers products and solutions in many different segments including flexible packaging, label papers, functional papers, containerboard, paperboard, release liner, technical papers, casting and release papers (used by suppliers to the fashion, textiles, automobile and household industries), dye sublimation papers, digital imaging papers and tissue paper
- Graphic papers – Our range of coated and uncoated graphic papers cover varying visual and tactile qualities to ensure that whether you’re looking for a high-end product with extra wow factor, a comprehensive solution that caters to all of your campaign’s requirements, or a paper that helps you make a saving on distribution costs, then we have the solutions, and
Sappi is also investing in various biochemical technologies:
- Biomaterials and bio-energy – we’re further diversifying our business to derive additional value from wood, by extracting biorefinery products and producing energy from renewable resources, and
- Nanocellulose – using wood pulp, we are pioneering low-cost cellulose nanofibrils (CNF) production with a unique patented process in line with our intention of seeking new growth opportunities in adjacent and new markets.