- This eMail legal notice is enforceable and binding on the recipient/addressee in terms of sections 11(1) to 11(3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions (EC”) Act 25 of 2002.
- This eMail transmission contains confidential information in respect of one or more of the Sappi companies listed in clause 15 below (hereinafter Sappi Company).
- No person, other than the recipient to this eMail message (so indicated by the sender) may access, use, distribute, or disclose to any person whatsoever, the contents of this message or any links or attachments hereto. Any such unauthorised access, use, distribution or disclosure may result in civil and criminal liability.
- The information in this eMail, links or attachments thereto is intended for the attention and use of the addressee only - if you are not the intended addressee/recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of the contents of this eMail transmission or the taking of any action in reliance thereon or pursuant thereto, is strictly prohibited. Should you have received this email in error, please delete and destroy it immediately and notify the sender.
- The eMail address of the sender or any third parties receiving the eMail may not be used, copied, sold, disclosed, shared or incorporated into any database or mailing list for spamming and/or other online marketing practices without the prior consent of the sender or such third party, as applicable.
- Under no circumstances shall the Sappi Company(s) or the sender of this eMail be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special or consequential images, including, without limitation, any loss of profits, business interruption, loss of programmes or other data on information handling systems or otherwise, even if the Sappi Company(s) or the sender of this eMail have been expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Any agreements concluded with the Sappi Company(s) by using electronic correspondence shall only come into effect once the relevant Sappi Company(s) indicated such contract formation in a follow up or return communication and always subject to the requirements of the ECT Act and contract law in general.
- No eMail correspondence sent to a recipient at the Sappi Company(s) shall be deemed to have been received until the relevant Sappi Company recipient has responded thereto. An auto-reply shall not constitute a ‘response’ for purposes of this clause 8. Return eMail messages blocked by the Sappi Company(s) virus detection and/or filtering applications shall not be deemed to have been received by Sappi Company and/or the addressee.
- No warranties are made or implied that any employee, agent, and/or contractor of the Sappi Company is or was authorised to create and send this communication.
- The Sappi Company, as applicable, reserves the right to intercept, filter, view, block, delete, access, copy, read and act upon this eMail message and all eMail messages sent as reply messages to this eMail message or the address of the sender. Your consent is granted accordingly, to the extent legally permissible.
- Sappi retains the copyright in all eMail messages and any attachments sent from its communications systems insofar as such content is subject to copyright. The recipient / addressee of such e-email message and any such attachment is hereby licensed to open and read the message and/or attachments only – all other rights are reserved unless otherwise indicated by the sender and/or the Sappi Company.
- The views and opinions expressed in this eMail message do not necessarily reflect the views and/or opinions of the Sappi Company concerned. If this eMail message is used for purposes unrelated to the official business of the Sappi Company, such Sappi Company shall not be liable for any damage, liability, infringement or loss caused by the contents of this message and the sender shall take full responsibility thereof in his/her sole and personal capacity.
- Computer viruses can be transmitted via eMail. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The Sappi Company, as applicable, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this eMail.
- The law of the Republic of South Africa, excluding its conflict of law provisions, shall govern this eMail message and legal notice.
- Information disclosures required by law in respect of Sappi Southern Africa Limited, Sappi Limited and/or any subsidiary companies may be directed as follows:nformation disclosures required by law in respect of Sappi Southern Africa Limited, Sappi Limited and/or any subsidiary companies may be directed as follows:
Sappi Southern Africa Limited
108 Oxford road, Rosebank, Johannesburg, 2196
PO Box 52264 Saxonwold, 2132
+27 (0)11 407 8111
16. This e-Mail legal notice shall at all times take precedence over any other e-Mail notices, policies and/or disclaimer(s) attached to return e-Mails addressed to any person with a Sappi Company e-Mail account.