Get started at Sappi in our Ehingen Mill and learn the art of papermaking with a company and workforce that really cares about sustainability.
The apprenticeship to become a paper technologist (m/w/d) involves three years of diverse experiences to develop your skills and make a positive impact for people, the planet and our shared prosperity.
Work in a dynamic team and learn:
- How papermaking works
- Management of complex machines
- How continuous improvement works in a technical environment
- How to carry out maintenance work on machines
What's waiting for you:
- Above-average apprenticeship pay
- 13th month salary, holiday pay and extensive social benefits
- 30-days holiday per calendar year
- Monthly fuel voucher worth €50
- Individual and personal support from experienced trainers
- Versatile, varied activities in different areas
- Secure job in a successful global company
- Opportunity for a permanent employment contract after completion of training
- Diverse opportunities for advancement at one of our locations in Europe, North America and South Africa
- Regular joint activities (trainee trip, Sappi football tournament and leisure activities)
- Company doctor and company health management
- Further training opportunities
How does the apprenticeship programme work?
This training is a combination of vocational school training in block lessons at the paper centre in Gernsbach in the Black Forest (a total of 16-weeks of annual training) and training at our company. The training to become a state-approved paper technologist is completed with a technical college entrance exam.