If you're a school leaver or university student between 18 and 25 years old, and are studying (or intending to study) full time at any South African accredited university, you could be eligible for our bursary scheme. You should be studying in one of the below fields:
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- BSc Chemical Engineering
- MSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Forestry, or
- National Diploma in Forestry.
In addition, you must also have:
- South African citizenship
- an average of 70-80% in Mathematics (not Maths Literacy), 70-80% in Physical Science, and 65% in English, and
- qualifying points for entrance at the university, or acceptance confirmation.
Current university results will be considered for undergraduate students. Note that preference will be given to learners with an average of 75% and above in Mathematics and Physical Science.
When to apply
Applications for bursaries are open from August to September every year. If you meet the minimum criteria, you may be invited to a selection interview.