Brussels, 20 June 2012
Sappi Fine Paper Europe was centre stage during the 25th Printissimo Emballismo awards in Vienna Austria, which took place on the 14th of June 2012. The annual awards recognise the sustainable, creative and technically perfect use of paper cardboard and corrugated paper. Sappi paper was used by 6 of the 9 category winners, and a further 8 nominees – a testament to the high quality of our products. The products selected by designers and printers for their project entries included Algro Design, Hello Silk, Claro Silk, Claro Bulk, Claro Gloss, Furioso and Hanno Art Bulk.
The printissimo | emballissimo Award, celebrating its 25th Anniversary this year, is one of the most respected Austrian awards in the graphics, advertising, printing, publishing and packaging industry. The independent jury of experts representing industry and science evaluated close to 150 entries on the basis of a set of criteria including design and functionality, innovation, manufacturing and workmanship and material used. 3 projects were nominated in each of 9 categories, with 9 category winners.
The Emballissimo categories were Three Dimensional, Wrapping, Carrier Bags and Corrugated Board. The Printissimo categories were Art, Direct, Editorial and Image. A new 9th category this year, fibrePLUS, rewarded innovative use of cellulose fibres.
- Wrapping – Category Winner with Algro Design (Advent Calendar)
- Wrapping – Category Nominee with Algro Design (Super Mineral tablet Box)
- Carrier Bags – Category Winner with Algro Design (Versicare Bag)
- Art – Category Winner with Hello Silk (Louvre Museum)
- Art – Category Nominee with Hello Silk (Large Hadron Collider)
- Direct – Category Winner with Claro Silk (Ski Catalogue 2012)
- Direct – Both Category nominees with Hello Silk (Schneiders) and Claro Bulk (Wittman Catalogue 2012 / 2013)
- Editorial – Category Winner with Furioso and Hanno Art Bulk (Servus in Stadt & Land)
- Editorial – Category Nominee with Claro Gloss (Vienna Delux Magazine)
- Image – Both Category Nominees with Algro Design (Das Buchbinderbuch) and Claro Silk (Think Kollektioinskatalog 2011)
- FibrePLUS – Category Winner (Cellulosic Aerogels)
Sappi Fine Paper Europe is the leading European producer of coated fine paper used in premium magazines, catalogues, books and high-end print advertising. Headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, Sappi Fine Paper Europe is recognised for innovation and quality. Its graphic paper brands include Magno, Quatro, Royal, Galerie and GalerieArt ranges. Algro, Fusion, Leine and Parade are the brands for speciality labelling, topliner, packaging papers and boards. Jaz is the paper brand for digital printing.
Sappi papers are produced in mills accredited with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certification and EMAS registration for all our mills in the EU. SFPE’s mills hold chain-of-custody certification under the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and/or the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) schemes.
Sappi Fine Paper Europe is a division of Sappi Limited (NYSE, JSE), a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with over 14,900 employees and manufacturing operations on four continents in 9 countries, sales offices in 50 countries, and customers in over 100 countries around the world. Learn more about Sappi at www.sappi.com.
For further information
Press & Media Relations Coordinator
Tel: +32 2 676 97 25
Mobile: +32 479 588 009